- The correct title of this page is eoconv. The initial letter is shown capitalized due to technical restrictions of the software used to run this website.
eoconv is a tool which converts text files to and from the following Esperanto text encodings:
- ASCII postfix h notation
- ASCII postfix x notation
- ASCII postfix caret (^) notation
- ASCII prefix caret (^) notation
- Unicode (UTF-7, UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-32)
- HTML entities (decimal or hexadecimal)
- LaTeX sequences
The latest version of eoconv is 1.4, released on 2013-10-15. It requires Perl 5.6 or higher. A list of changes from previous versions can be found in the change log.
The source code and SUSE RPMs can be found at http://files.nothingisreal.com/software/eoconv/. MD5/SHA1 hashes and PGP signatures are available there too. For the latter, you will need my OpenPGP signing key.
For convenience, eoconv.tar.bz2 is always a link to the latest version.
You can browse through the online HTML documentation. The source distribution includes the documention as an HTML file, man page, and text document.
If you would like to be informed of new releases of eoconv, you can subscribe to the eoconv project on Freecode.